Situated in the border town of Monmouth in the scenic Wye Valley, the club draws its current membership of nearly 170 mainly from the surrounding counties of Monmouthshire, Gloucestershire and Herefordshire.
The historically shifting border is signified in the club badge by the Lion of England and the Dragon of Wales indicating the club's allegiance to both.
The club's current home is a former railway tunnel on the outskirts of the town. Founded in 1908, the club claims to be one of the oldest rifle clubs in the region.
The club shoots four nights a week and occasionally on weekends. The indoor range has four firing points at 100 yards and six firing points at 30 meters all with electronic turning targets, which are programmable for a multitude of competitions or scenarios.